Monday, January 9, 2012

A Little Car Bling

I totally forgot to post this project. For Christmas my sister in law wanted a license plate holder with sparkles for her car because she worried that her car looked too much like a boys car. So I looked around and saw that most of the bling license plate covers cost between $40-$50. WHAT? So I decided to make one for myself. I bought a plain license plate cover at Walmart for $8.00. Then I bought these gems at Michael's in the jewelry section. I also bought these great glue strips...FANTASTIC! I will use this glue on everything! **Caution, the glue is really sticky and hard to move once it has been stuck. Here is how I did it...It was actually really easy because the strip of glue is already in a line and the gems are already in a line. All I had to do is transfer the glue onto the plate, the gems onto the glue, and viola you are done.
It looked just as good as the ones sold in the store and at a fraction of the price. Needless to say...she loved it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great idea :) May have to use this for inspiration.

Sandie said...

That turned out great! Love me some bling!

Liz said...

Saw your link on Flamino Toes...This is a great idea. I nver thought I could do it myself, but that's probably why I reproduce other's creations and only rarely come up with my own ideas! :)

Liz said...

Oops. Flamingo Toes not flamino.