Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kids Pumpkin Craft

There are so many great crafts for kids during the holiday season. I love seeing all the Halloween themed crafts out there and trying to make them our own. I had this idea to make a simple craft for my son and I to make together. I cut out a pumpkin of orange scrapbook paper, and several different shapes for eyes, noses, mouths, and eyebrows. We started with the pumpkin and I told Jack to pick out some facial features for the pumpkin. I was really impressed because he knew exactly where all the pieces went on the pumpkin. He had so much fun he wanted to make more. We ended up making 3 (that's all we could fit on one page) a mommy pumpkin, a Jackson pumpkin, and a Lizzy pumpkin.





What I love about this project is it is a teaching project as well. It taught him where the eyes, nose, and mouth go, how to glue with a glue stick, and the best part was I already had all the supplies. Plus I got to spend some quality time with my son while his sister took a nap.

No comments: