Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guest Post: Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub from Mom Endeavors

Creative Estates introduced me to so many great and talented friends!  I'm very excited to introduce you to one of my new favorites - Sara from Mom Endeavors.  Today she is sharing her Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub.  I definitely will be making some for myself this afternoon!


Hi all you lovely craft addicts! I'm Sara from Mom Endeavors and I'm thrilled to be here today! Thanks Heather and Jessica for inviting me! :) I'm not so great with sewing, but love all kinds of crafty & DIY projects! This one is quick & easy with ingredients you probably already have on hand! It's a PERFECT little project to do for yourself this fall (though it certainly would make a nice gift too)!

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Recipe:
  • 3/4 C white sugar
  • 1 T brown sugar
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 2 t pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 t nutmeg
  • 4 T Canola oil
  • 1 t vanilla extract
*you can use extra virgin olive oil, but I find the scent of the oil hard to disguise. You could also use sunflower or safflower oil, but since I had Canola on hand, that's what I used.

Directions:

- Mix sugar & spices together


- stir in oil & extract (just enough for the sugar to be well-coated, not runny)


- place in a fun/decorative glass jar (this amount fit perfectly in an 8oz. mason jar), add some ribbon or a decorative label if you like.


Then, go fill up the bath and pamper yourself a little! It's GREAT for the feet! :) *Note: If you have skin sensitivities, the spices might irritate your skin. Best to try it on a place like you heals to make sure it's okay on your skin!


Thanks again for having me here today! Hope you all enjoyed and hope to see you over at Mom Endeavors sometime! :)
Thanks to Sara for this great recipe!

No comments: