Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Guest Post: Autumn Signs from A Place for Us

I met Destiny from A Place for Us last year at Creative Estates.  She is incredibly talented and I was blown away by all the DIY projects she shares on her blog.  Her home is gorgeous!!  Today she is sharing a fun project she made for living room - autumn signs.    


Hello there!
My name is Destiny and I’m the writer behind A Place for Us Blog!  A place where I decorate my heart out! I’m so excited to be sharing this Autumn Sign with you today! Thank you so much Two Crafting Addicts for having me! If your into crafting at all, your probably very familiar with this easy peasy mod podge technique! But I LOVE signs and I especially like to use them to decorate. I needed a cute little sign to stick into a basket of flowers so I made this with some rustic charm!
Perfect for my living room that I will be revelling soon!!
This fall sign can easily be suited to fit your taste on a smaller or larger scale.
Here is what you’ll need
  1. Piece of 1x5 cut to about 12 in length
  2. 1 Piece of 1x2 about 15-20 inches in length
  3. Stain in any color
  4. Words cut from any cutting machine
  5. scrapbook paper
  6. Mod Podge
  7. Small brush
  8. Sandpaper
  9. Wood Glue
Here’s what to do...






ModgePodge?? Yes, I like things to rhyme:0)

Let it dry for about 30 minute to and hour and then use it!!!
The sky is the limit...PUMPKIN PATCH....HELLO FALL....AUTUMN THIS WAY...you pick!
Thanks again for having me and I hope you enjoyed this simple craft idea brought to you by A Place For US!!
xoxo
Destiny
Thanks to Destiny for stopping by and sharing a great craft you can make for yourself!

No comments: