Friday, September 9, 2011

Pig Birthday Party

Today we had the pig party. I started out with all pink but then after I read the RSVP list I realized that the only people coming were boys. So I decided to integrate green and polka dots into the mix. Just so that boys don't think it is too girly. The party was small but super fun. The kids played, ate yummy food, and then "popped" the pinata as my daughter said. Here is what we made.Pig Cupcakes with butter cream frosting and strawberry marshmallows.


Chicken Noodle Salad with poppy seed/lime dressing

Pigs in a blanket

Fruit with maraschino cherry cream cheese dip

Strawberry lemonade

I also bought some lanterns that I taped a pig face on and I made pig noses for the kids to wear.

Elizabeth loved the pig party, although I used a lot of her pig animals as decorations and she kept stealing them off the table.

Heather made her an adorable shirt just for the party (when pigs fly) and I loved it with her tutu. The pig theme was a hit!

2 comments:

Jill Carilli said...

LOL!!! OMG Jessie how funny! What an adorable theme and I love how simple but yet cute and different it is! Glad she had a great party :) xoxoxo

Tina said...

I love your piggy decor! such a cute theme, too.