Saturday, April 2, 2011

Random things about Heather

I didn't post anything here this morning because I was planning on sharing finished photos of a project that should have been finished this afternoon. So where are those pictures?? My day didn't exactly go as planned. I'm taking a break from finishing said project and will work on it early tomorrow morning. I'll make no guarantees but I'm hoping to surprise you with a Sunday post sharing all the details of what I was supposed to be working on today. I certainly don't want to leave you with nothing exciting to read so I'll share some strange things about myself. I found this random Get to Know You Conversation Starters list online a few minutes ago...

What is your most embarrassing moment?
I have a long list of really really embarrassing moments! I'm a magnet for bad luck. My most recent and newest on my "mom moments" list happened yesterday while grocery shopping. My two year old daughter brought along her little shopping cart and doll. Something caught her attention as we walked past the pharmacy. To my horror, she was sure we both needed a box of condoms in our carts. She was screaming "mommy these are really beautiful, what's your problem?" People were watching as I tried to quietly explain to a very determined two year old that we in fact did not need those pretty boxes. Embarrassing!

What is on your bedside table?
Lamp, my daughter's first sonogram picture, a book (strange because I'm not a big reader and NEVER read in bed), and the cordless phone. I'm making this sound like a really big table...it's not.

What was your best Halloween costume for Halloween?
October 2003 Roy (from Siegfried & Roy) was attacked by one of his tigers during a performance in Las Vegas. It's pretty morbid but my husband and I took full advantage of this awesome costume opportunity. He dressed up like Roy with a slashed neck and I dressed like a white tiger. We won several costume competitions.

If you could play any instrument, which would you play?
I started piano lessons as a child. I played for many years and loved it. My younger brother played the saxophone...he was really good. In high school I needed an elective class so I decided to learn to play the saxophone (clearly because I had decided there shouldn't be anything my younger brother could do better than me). It didn't exactly work out as planned and I changed that class to a different elective (maybe yearbook??). To this day, I'm annoyed by my lack of saxophone skills. So if I could play any instrument, it would be the saxophone.

Are you a morning or night person?
Lately I've been both. I stay up late and then get up early. I am typically excited about my day when I first wake up and excited about what I'm working on late at night. I usually try to catch up on sleep somewhere during the week with an early night.

Where is your favorite Hiking Trail?
Random question. I don't hike.

If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?
Is this question based on skill as in what COULD I currently do as a performer in the circus? Or is this what I would like to be capable of performing? Never mind.

How much time do you spend on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace or Youtube?
Maybe an hour daily on Facebook but that would be spread out over the entire day. My daughter loves Youtube! Currently we watch baby raccoons playing an estimated 91 times per day.

What’s your favorite holiday?
My birthday. Definitely my birthday.

Which bill do you hate paying most?
Electric. There's really nothing we can do here to reduce our summer electric bill.

How do you prefer to get the news?
Online.

Are you right or left-handed?
Right.

Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I'm unrealistically optimistic.

Adult Beverage of choice?
Adult beverage...I rarely drink alcohol. But I do love espresso. Lately I've been trying to drink only water.

Where is your favorite beach?
I love the beach in Carlsbad, CA! My husband and I went there on our first road trip together and go back as often as possible.

What is your favorite food?
Mexican!

Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper?
Yes. I grew up in a really small town and any minor accomplishment got you some major newspaper coverage. As an adult, I'm sure I've been "mentioned" but have yet to have any sort of story published specifically about me.

What is your education - do you have a college degree?
I have a couple of bachelors degrees that are not really related to anything I would like to do anymore. Criminal Justice and Psychology. Initially planned on going to law school but changed my mind. Graduated, worked for several years, then was laid off while on maternity leave. So now here I am sharing all my great wisdom on this blog.

If you had to choose a sport to watch - would it be Football or Basketball
Those are my two very least favorite! I'd prefer baseball or hockey.

What’s your favorite cereal?
Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. Lets be realistic...skinny girls probably don't eat that for breakfast so unfortunately I don't either.

What is your lucky number?
11

Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I always have a plan but I'm a little Doryish (from Finding Nemo). Shiny things typically can bring out my spontaneous side and convince me to deviate from my plans.

Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Extroverted!

What is your favorite junk food to snack on?
Flaming hot cheetos!

Favorite breakfast food to eat?
I rarely eat breakfast. I would prefer a really big cup of coffee instead.

Name three things you really like to do
1) watch my daughter play when she doesn't know I can see her, 2)blog, and 3) watch daytime talk shows (I rarely do but love when I have a few minutes to turn on Dr. Phil or Steve Wilkos when my daughter is napping!)

What do you like to read?
Blogs, newspapers, and magazines.

Where were you born?
In a little mining town.

What jobs have you had in the past?
I was in the fifth grade when I got my first job delivering the newspaper in my small town (my mom would drive me around every Thursday after school). In high school I worked at Burger King and consequently can't stomach the smell of a whopper! I had a few jobs and internships during college - safety coordinator, debt collector, call service rep, legislative intern, victim services intern, etc., etc. After college I was a claims adjuster and then a recruiter.

What do you believe makes a successful life?
Happiness. If you're happy, genuinely happy, with who you are I don't think anything else really matters.

Do you like interacting with large groups of people?
Yes. But I get really nervous sometimes. You can always tell when I'm nervous because my neck gets red and blotchy.

What “bad” thing did you do as a kid that your parents never found about?
My mom reads this blog...enough said.
 

No comments: