Friday, September 14, 2012

Universal Pacifier Clips from Amy @ Naptime Crafter

I was so excited when Jessica invited me to be a part of her baby series! It's always nice to have an excuse to do some sewing for my little man. 
I decided to make something we are in desperate need of. Some paci clips that fit on any type of pacifier!
The only ones they had at Wal-Mart didn't work with our favorite Soothie brand and let me tell you those pacis can bounce a long way when they pop out!
And you know a guy's gotta spit that out every now and again for important things like smiling :)
This project takes all of 5 minutes and is cheap too!
1. Grab a scrap of fabric from your stash and cut an 11x2" piece. Fold it in half with long sides together. In between the layers slip in a small hair elastic (or a loop of ribbon, etc.). Sew up one short end (the side with elastic) and the long edges. 
2. Turn right side out and tuck in the raw edges on the other end. Topstitch around all edges making sure to stitch back and forth several times over the elastic to keep it secure.
3. Slide the end without the elastic through a mitten/suspender clip and stitch down.
And now your pacifiers are always in reach!
***safety note: babies should always be supervised when using a pacifier clip. Do not let your child use a pacifier clip while sleeping***
And in case you're looking for a few more fun baby tutorials check out some of my favorites:
   
    
   
   
Can you tell I get a bit carried away with my sewing???
See the full collection (trust me this is just scratching the surface) over at Nap Time Crafters
 Nap  Time Crafters
Thanks for having me!
Amy

1 comment:

Carla said...

Thanks for the awesome tutorials for all the cute baby stuff.