Thursday, August 23, 2012

Weekly Happenings

As a surprise for my book club I decided to make something special. I used my Silhouette to create these simple bookmarks. I LOVE the Silhouette. As a former Cricut user I am totally converted. It is so much more user friendly, even if all the technology. I love that I can manipulate any image using the Silhouette program and my computer. The bookmark image is just a basic image provided. I cut them out of card stock, added the Relief Society seal sticker, and knotted some embroidery thread along the top. I think they will make a great gift for our meeting tonight.
 
And while we are on the topic of book club do any of you have any great book recommendations? Here are some of my favorite books I have read recently:

-Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
-The Mortal Instruments Series by Casandra Clare





1 comment:

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

This looks like an easy enough project. I got the Silhouette but can't seem to give it a go. I'll hopefully get around to it soon!