Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oreo Brownies

Tuesday was oreo's 100th birthday.  We decided to celebrate with some yummy brownies.
My daughter was so excited to help bake with our new recipe!
These were very quick and easy to make.  I am embarrassed to share that I didn't take any pictures of the completed brownies.  We were too busy eating them to worry about the camera.

Ingredients:
-1 package fudge brownie mix
-1/4 cup water
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-2 eggs
-7 crushed oreo cookies
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
-4 teaspoons milk

1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bottom of 9" x 13" pan with shortening or cooking spray. 
2) Stir brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl until well blended.  Spread in pan.  Sprinkle crushed cookies on top. 
I used a KitchenAid chopper to crush our cookies.
3) Bake 28 to 30 minutes (until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).  Cool completely.
4) Stir together powdered sugar and milk in small bowl until smooth.  Drizzle over brownies.
5) Eat!

I'm sure these brownies will show up if I need a dish for a potluck!  Happy 100th birthday oreo cookie!
 

No comments: