Monday, March 19, 2012

HIGHS and LOWS

Well as many of you may have heard I am out of the American Crafter's competition. It was really difficult and the projects were amazing. I have to admit I am not too sad that I am not continuing on. I have so much going on in my life right now that I didn't have time to commit to the level of projects expected for the contest. This week I am working on a baby shower, fixing up some little decor issues in my house, hosting a sewing club at my house, prepariong for a large church event/party next week, and getting to a huge pile of ironing piling up next to my ironing board (whoops!). And since I didn't make it to the finals I can try again another time when I can plan a bit more. Thanks to everyone who voted for me and please continue to support the competition by voting again this weekend!

So that was the LOW this week but there are lots of HIGHS to look forward to.

1. I won this awesome camera bag from Jo Totes. It is fantastic. Mustard yellow with black and white houndstooth print on the inside. I was desperately in need of a new bag and it just happened to be my lucky day.

2. If you don't already know....I am expecting! This explains the lack of energy and motivation I have had over the past 3 months. I am really lucky in that pregnancy is very easy for me. I rarely have morning sickness and I actually carry my babies fairly well (as well as can be expected with 30lbs of weight gain. :) However, I can always tell I am pregnant because around the 4th week I am aghausted! I need like 12 hours of sleep a day. Thankfully I am almost done with my first trimester so I am starting to feel the energy coming back. Expecting also means lots of baby projects in the works so look forward to that including a new baby bedding set tutorial!

3. I am doing some Spring cleaning in my Etsy shop and offering a 15% discount on all the items in the shop. Go and check it out and use the code SPRING to get your discount.

Other than that I am excited to get back to the blog and focusing on our readers. I am so excited about serger week next week and can't wait to get started on my projects.

No comments: