Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fun at The Glitter Academy Event

Thursday evening my mom and I attended The Glitter Academy's local crafting event.  We had so much fun chatting and crafting!
My mom and I
We each purchased two craft kits to work on at the event.  The count your blessings board and grandma's magnet board were fun projects!  In each kit we received the base supplies and then were able to customize our projects with our own paper and paint. 
My mom working on her craft kits
I finished my count your blessings board at the event.  I'm excited to add some pictures and figure out where to hang it in my home.
I didn't quite finish my other project while I was there but completed it at home this morning.  I didn't use the embellishments that came with the kit because I wanted to keep this for myself.  I brought my own paper to the event and then added the tulle hanger, black flower embellishment, and blingy magnets.

I had a few things pinned on my wall waiting for a cute magnetic frame.  They fit perfectly on my new magnet board.  My daughter gave me a meerkat card for Valentine's Day this year.  She writes her initials on everything and says she wants to make sure the gift recipient knows it is from her.  She wrote both of our initials next to each meerkat and told me, "the baby is me and the mommy is you."  Cutest little card ever!  I'm so happy I now have a place for this card in my office.
My mom and I had a great time at the event and came home with new pretties to hang on our walls.
 

1 comment:

Freckles Crafts said...

You guys are too cute! Looks like such a fun event. Wish I could have been there!