Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another New's Years Goal-Twin Quilts

Sorry for the lack of new and inspiring posts this week but I have been busy and working on some projects that are taking longer than my normal projects take. One of these is matching quilts for my kid's room. My son and daughter share a room, their choice actually they like to be close to each other. Sometimes I even find them sleeping in the same bed one on each end. Anyways, I have been searching for some fabric or bedding that would be unisex but still fun. I haven't seen anything that I liked until this fabric line caught my eye and I instantly fell in love:

Echo by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham Fabrics

I love this line. I even bought a few extra yards just for future projects. I heard somewhere if you like a print you buy a yard, you love a print you buy 2, if you can't do without it you buy the whole bolt. I wish I could buy the whole bolt but I can't decide which one I would choose. You can find it on Fabric.com or Etsy in 1/2 yard packages like I did.

Here is the quilt pattern I am working on:


It is a simple pattern with the middle blocks measuring 4.5"x4.5" and the side panels measuring 8.5"x2.5" and the smaller sides 4.5"x2.5".

Then after searching I found these great prints that I plan on altering and creating canvases out of. They go perfect with the color scheme and I love the simplicity of the images.




It is taking me longer than I planned to finish the quilts I am almost done with the blocks and then I just have to assemble it together. I am so excited for when it is done.

No comments: