Saturday, September 24, 2011

Halloween Placemat Art

I had painted an old frame purple for a different project last month.  I ended up not using it as intended and decided it would be a perfect addition to my piano for Halloween.  I planned to print something online but I couldn't find anything I really liked for the frame.  Instead of purchasing something new, I went on a hunt in my house to find something to frame.  I don't know why it never crossed my mind to frame a holiday placemat before.  I have an entire shelf full of strange placemats I've picked up on clearance over the past few years.  If you don't already have something you like, you can go out and buy one for less than one dollar.

Supplies needed: 
-frame
-glue gun
-placemat
-scissors
 
I cut my placemat to fit the frame.  Then I simply glued the edges to the back of the frame.  EASY!

My new framed art made a nice addition to my Halloween decor on the piano! 
I'm linking this post here.
 

No comments: