Thursday, August 11, 2011

A little Bit about Jess

Okay my turn, you know a bit about Heather now you get to learn what makes me tick. Enjoy.

What is on your bedside table? My phone when charging, a lamp that needs a remake, and my scriptures.

What was your best Halloween costume ever? 10 years old Rainbow Bright, hands down. My mom made it complete with puffy boots and a star wand.

If you could have a super power what would it be? Telaportation. I love going places hate getting there.

If you could play an instrument which would you play? Either the piano or violin. I plan on making my kids try both.

Are you a morning or night person? NIGHT!!! No matter what time I go to bed I always wake up at 8am but I could stay up all night working on crafts if I wanted to.

If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do? Ring master, I like to be in charge.

How much time do you spend on FB, Twitter, Myspace, or YouTube. I check FB about 10 times a day on my phone other than that not as much as I would like to. I spend most of my computer time blogging and looking at blogs.

What is your favorite holiday? Halloween. How much fun is it to dress up as whatever you want and get free candy.

Which bill do you hate paying the most? Water, I just think it is silly to pay for something that we have so much of.

How do you prefer to get your news? Sportscenter. I know it is bad. But I have found the news to be too depressing. If something important happens they will have it on Sportcenter or someone from my family will call and tell me.

Are you right or left handed? Right.

Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Optimist, just like my dad. We would wait until the game was over even if our team was down by 20 points because “They might come back, and we don’t want to miss that!”

Where is your favorite beach? Maui, LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Warm water, fish, and soft white sand.

What is your favorite food? Lobster or Pizza. I think if I had to eat something every day for the rest of my life it would be Pizza.

Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper? Two times. Once when I was 10 I was in a picture for a parade I marched in. The other time was when I was planning my wedding my father in law was in the paper for wedding planning tips (he is a big financial advisor) and we were supposed to be in the picture but for some reason they cut out my husband and I. Our names were still mentioned.

What is your education level? I have a BS in Health Science from BYU and am planning on getting my masters in early childhood education.

What sport do you prefer to watch-Basketball or Football? BASKETBALL, but I love football too.

What is your favorite cereal? Granola, yummy.

Are you spontaneous, or do you always have a plan? I ALWAYS have a plan. I have a plan about my plan. I am a very A personality, which is good because my husband NEVER has a plan. It kind of drives him crazy that I have our family planned for the next 15 years but I am flexible. Things change.

What is your favorite junk food? Chips and Salsa and Snickers Peanut Butter squared.

What do you like to read? Blogs, internet sports articles, books when I run at the gym and my scriptures

Where were you born? Bellevue, Washington. It is about 20 min from Seattle.

What jobs have you had in the past? I have worked a lot of jobs. My first job at 15 was a basketball ref for the Parks and Rec. I was also a barista, waitress, and summer camp counselor for the YMCA in high school. In college I was a Comedy Club Manager in college, and Cooking instructor. After college I taught high school Health and Digital Photography at Payson High School in Utah for two years. Then I began teaching online high school in Arizona and have been doing that for the last 4 years.

What is the worst thing you did as a kid? It wasn’t me but when I was 13 my sister and cousin got this great idea to take our ski boat out for a spin. My cousin was 14 and my sister was 11. I watched from the dock and didn’t say anything. (Accomplice). Needless to say the parking of the boat did not go smoothly and we got a huge scratch on the front. The next day we were caught. Grounded for 2 weeks, my sister got a month.

What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you? My 23 month year old falling off a deck 12 ft onto cement. She leaned against a pole which broke and she went right through the hole. Thankfully she landed on her bum and after a night in the hospital she was released with a few minor scratches. It was a miracle.

Why do I like blogging? Blogging is a way to show your creativity and get your thoughts out into the world for free. I love the connections that can be made and the fact that I can look up anything I wrote with a simple click of the mouse.

No comments: