Friday, August 5, 2011

Fun Find FridayBoy Shorts

Another project for my son. MADE had this great tutorial on shorts with bias tape trim. So cute and easy. I love the trim because it takes boring old shorts which are so easy to make and adds something special. Plus these shorts are great all year round. Perfect for the hot summer months but also great basketball shorts for the winter. I plan on making many more pairs including a pair for Elizabeth and for myself. Nothing like new workout clothes to make me want to hit the gym. Here is where I found the tutorial.







The strips were picked by my son. I like to give him a little bit of an opinion when I make him something because I like when he wants to wear what I make him. However if it is too crazy of a pattern I suggest something different. Please ignore the boots as well, he wore these for a month straight. The last picture is him showing me his muscles.

He is my best form of advertising as well. Someone asked him where he got his cool shorts and he told them, my mom made them for me. She makes all our clothes. (I don't make all their clothes), but thanks buddy.

4 comments:

ceeandelle.etsy.com said...

YAY! I love these. Finally something I can whip up for my son.
All the girl's stuff (rompers, dresses, skirts) are all so cute but no girls to make em' for here.
Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

Come ans share this with WorkShop Wednesday. I love seeing boys stuff since I have one!

Jennifer said...

I also made these shorts from made, and funny thing is, I picked the exact same fabric as you did! Needless to say, I love it.

Anonymous said...

I love them!! What a great idea!!