Next I began to assemble the shirt. First I sewed the front flap where the buttons will go. Then I sewed the front pieces to the back piece, right sides together at the shoulders.
Next I added a cuff to the sleeves and sewed them into the shoulder. It looked like this:
Next I added the collar. I wanted a white collar to add some style. I have to tell you this was the toughest part for me. It took me three times to get it to the right size and figure out how to sew it on. Remember I was going off a shirt he already had which has a little tab and button right below the collar. I think this made attaching the collar a little more tricky. Finally I got it right (or good enough). Then I sewed up the sides started at the bottom and all the way up through the sleeve. This is my favorite way of attaching sleeves. It isn't perfect or fundamentally correct but it is much easier.
Finally I hemmed the bottom, added a pocket to the front, and finished the buttons down the front.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out. It isn't perfect and I would make a lot of adjustments but I had fun with the challenge. This was definitely the most difficult item I have ever sewn with all things considering. Word to the wise though...not worth the work. These shirts are so cheap it is just better to buy one.
I'm linking up HERE