I feel like I made more clothes last week than I've made in a few months! I've been very inspired by all the creations Jessica has recently shared. Hopefully I'll be sewing clothes more often.
I made my daughter one more dress for our week at Disneyland.
My mom recently sent me Tinkerbell fabric that was already hemmed and just waiting for a quick seam and straps.
I measured my daughter by wrapping the fabric around her chest. This was certainly not the best way to determine how much fabric I needed to make her dress but I was making this quickly. Luckily the measurement method worked and the dress ended up fitting her perfectly. I trimmed the fabric edges and pinned them together for the seam (right sides together).
I stitched the fabric together and it already looked like a completed dress!
I used a dress from my daughter's closet to estimate the strap size. Again not the best way to get measurements but it worked out in the end. I pinned the ribbon straps and quickly stitched them in place.
My daughter wanted no part of trying on this dress until I offered her some cotton candy. She will do anything I ask of her at home for cotton candy! The dress fit her perfectly.
Hopefully she'll be wearing this when she meets Tinkerbell.
If I'm not too busy on vacation I will be linking this post here.