Monday, June 27, 2011

My little Miss American Pie

Another project with out a pattern. I KNOW! I am getting good. Not really I still have a lot of work and practice to do on creating the patterns but I seem to be okay at making them work for my own projects.

Anyways, this project was inspired by this super cute GAP ruffle dress. I saw this dress and thought I CAN MAKE THAT! I just love all the little details. The ruffles around the neck, and the synched waist with ties. Plus it is perfect for the 4th of July. I found this adorable fabric from that matches my little Lizzy's eyes perfectly.

I think I will do a step-by-step instruction on my next no pattern project. It might not be very clear but it is a start.

I threw in a few of pictures of a photoshoot I did with my daughter at the end just for fun.

I'm linking up HERE


Summer said...

Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday!


cookieandclaire said...

I have a bit of the "I can make that" syndrome as well! Usually it pays off though! This dress is great! And your little girl looks like a sweetie. I am new to your blog and would love for you to follow mine as well. Come see me at if you get a chance!
Have an awesome day!

Katy said...

This is adorable. I'm always jealous of someone who can see something and recreate it.

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Just gorgeous!! The model and the dress :) Great work! I can sew a straight line kinda sorta..someday maybe a pattern :)

Come check out my "Mud Pie" knock off shirts!

Fancy Frugal Life

Julie said...

I'd love for you to join me at Inspire Me Mondays. This week's linky party is open for one more day.

Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

So DARLING!! I wish I could sew like that! I'm over here from a link party and love your blog! Such great ideas!

twilkerbug said...

Adorable dress! It's so impressive that you can make something without a pattern! She looks adorable in the dress, too!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Super Cute! And so is the little girl in it! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

Katie said...

Great job! Thank you for linking to Sew Woodsy last week! We hope you will join us again tomorrow!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)