Monday, June 27, 2011

My little Miss American Pie

Another project with out a pattern. I KNOW! I am getting good. Not really I still have a lot of work and practice to do on creating the patterns but I seem to be okay at making them work for my own projects.

Anyways, this project was inspired by this super cute GAP ruffle dress. I saw this dress and thought I CAN MAKE THAT! I just love all the little details. The ruffles around the neck, and the synched waist with ties. Plus it is perfect for the 4th of July. I found this adorable fabric from fabric.com that matches my little Lizzy's eyes perfectly.
FrontBack







I think I will do a step-by-step instruction on my next no pattern project. It might not be very clear but it is a start.

I threw in a few of pictures of a photoshoot I did with my daughter at the end just for fun.






I'm linking up HERE

7 comments:

cookieandclaire said...

I have a bit of the "I can make that" syndrome as well! Usually it pays off though! This dress is great! And your little girl looks like a sweetie. I am new to your blog and would love for you to follow mine as well. Come see me at www.cookieandclaire.blogspot.com if you get a chance!
Have an awesome day!

Katy said...

This is adorable. I'm always jealous of someone who can see something and recreate it.

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Just gorgeous!! The model and the dress :) Great work! I can sew a straight line kinda sorta..someday maybe a pattern :)

Come check out my "Mud Pie" knock off shirts!

Lina
Fancy Frugal Life

http://fancyfrugallife.blogspot.com/2011/06/diy-mud-pie-inspired-toddler-shirts.html

Unknown said...

So DARLING!! I wish I could sew like that! I'm over here from a link party and love your blog! Such great ideas!

Tina said...

Adorable dress! It's so impressive that you can make something without a pattern! She looks adorable in the dress, too!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Super Cute! And so is the little girl in it! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

Katie said...

Great job! Thank you for linking to Sew Woodsy last week! We hope you will join us again tomorrow!