Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flip Flop Fun Series - Rhinestone Straps

I love the way rhinestones look on the toes of Converse shoes for little girls!  Last winter I had so much fun making rhinestone shoes for my daughter and am a little disappointed the weather is too warm for her to wear them everyday!  I came up with the perfect solution - rhinestone flip flops!  I've seen these everywhere lately and knew I could make my own with supplies I already had at home.
Supplies:
flip flops
Gem-Tac glue (GREAT for rhinestones on shoes!!)
Rhinestones (any size would work)
Optional: The Silhouette Pick Me Up (a super fantastic tool to make applying rhinestones a million times easier!)


I wasn't sure if I would have enough rhinestones to completely cover both straps so I only applied enough glue for a few rhinestones at a time.  I used a paintbrush to brush the glue directly onto the flip flop strap.  Then I used my Pick Me Up tool to stick the rhinestones directly to the glue.

I made sure to work on both shoes together so they would match in the case that I ran out of rhinestones.  You certainly don't have to cover the entire straps.  I contemplated stopping before I was finished because the shoes looked so cute!

I'm sure I will be making more of these for my daughter and probably a pair for myself too! 
I'm linking this post here.
 

5 comments:

HoopDeeDoo said...

WAY cute!! I have always wondered what kind of glue would really hold these on. Will definitely be trying this! thanks for linking up to Tip Junkie so I could find you. :)

Jessica Stoker said...

These look great, can't wait to jazz up some of my flip flops.

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

These are so cute!!! I'm putting this in my someday file. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

What a lovely Rhinestones slippers! I love to wear that pretty footwear. Very modern and fashionable. So cute!

Unknown said...

What a lovely Rhinestones slippers! I love to wear that pretty footwear. Very modern and fashionable. So cute!