Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Girly 1st birthday train themed party

I love putting parties together! You would never know (before reading this post) that my time in college was spent studying law and psychology! I think in a different life or perhaps when I discover how to add twenty hours to each day because I'm not willing to give up any of my current "jobs", an event planner would be my dream career! I absolutely love when a friend asks me for party ideas and suggestions. Of course if it's a close friend and they don't ask, they are probably getting my input anyway but it is always flattering to be asked first! Recently a good friend let me help with invitations and decorations for her daughter's first birthday party. For obvious reasons I blacked out all the personal information on the invitations. The party was held at a park with a carnival and railroad. The train theme was not my idea so I can't take credit there but I think everything turned out AWESOME!

I used scrapblog to make the invitation background. I had them printed at Wal-Mart for only nine cents each. I uploaded them online and they were ready in one hour! Then they were glued onto some pretty paper I cut with my Cricut. I also used the Cricut to cut the cute little trains. They were embellished with sticky rhinestones and buttons.

I planned to have only one sided cupcake toppers but think they turned out much cuter with both the train and the one design on each topper.

I used my Cricut to cut each piece of the birthday banner including the letters and the larger trains. The trains were embellished with larger buttons and rhinestones. All of my birthday banners in the past have been connected by ribbon. I stepped outside my comfort zone and used brads instead with this banner. I just might start using brads on all my banners!


I used the Cricut to make the wording on the birthday hat. Some rhinestones added just enough bling to make it perfect for a girly girl!

I made a set of 15 matching thank you cards as part of my birthday gift. I honestly don't really like the colors I used but I think I'm just being too picky. They matched the party theme and I really like how the sparkly "thank you" stands out. You can thank my Cricut for these cute little cards too.

 

1 comment:

Tina said...

Heather, everything turned out so cute! I love my cricut, too! I would never have thought of having a 'train' theme for a girl, but it turned out so cute. Tina W.