Saturday, January 1, 2011

Felt pom flower initial cards

It's always nice to have cards on hand.  Last year I had a lot of fun making initial cards for gifts but didn't make any for myself.  This morning I decided to start the new year with something for myself: finally a set of initial cards!

If you have not used scrapblog yet,  you are seriously missing out!  It's a free site that lets you make digital scrapbook pages with backgrounds, stickers, fonts, etc.  The best part?  It's free!  Well, the fancier stickers and backgrounds aren't, but I've made plenty of things here and have never spent any money.  When you're done reading this, go play around at http://www.scrapblog.com/.  I'm sure you will love it as much as I do!  I made the initial background there.  I just used the "add text" option and added an H in each font.  Then I placed them into a rectangle.
 

Scrapblog allows you to save your creation as a jpeg for free.  I saved it and then copied it four times onto a word document.


I printed the document onto colored paper and then cut them into cards.


Next I rounded the corners and used a hole punch to place a hole in the bottom right corner of each card.  At this point you can use a brad with other embellishments to add to the card or continue on to my felt flower directions.  For my cards, the hole simply serves as a guide.


I cut larger cards with white cardstock and folded them in half to fit in envelopes.


I glued the initial cards onto the white cards. 
  

Set your cards aside and cut one strip of felt for each card.  My felt strips were 8 1/2" x 1/2". 


Now cut fringe on the felt.


Apply a line of glue to the unfringed side of felt.


Roll the fringed felt sandwiching the glue as you go.


Apply glue on the bottom of your felt flower and place it on your card.


You can be finished here...


...or you can go a step further and embellish your pretty little flower with a rhinestone.  By the way, I love rhinestones!  :)


Now go send your favorite friends a pretty card!



No comments: