Saturday, February 2, 2013

ruffled burlap table runner

My sister came to visit me last week from Seattle for a whole week. Whenever she comes we always have lots of plans for crafts. This time she really wanted to learn how to sew. We started with something super basic, a table runner. I loved this tutorial by Sew Much Ado, and it was just as simple as she explained.
 
 This project is a great beginning project because all the lines are straight. We actually started with a straight middle section instead of ruffled just to get the sewing jitters out. My sister is a natural. She has sewn a little in her life but she finished the table runner in less than 30 min. Sometimes I think sewing is in our blood. My mother sewed for us when we were little girls, and her mother sewed for her when she was a child.

I don't know if any of you have a craft or skill that runs in your family but if you do you might know what I mean. Some things just come naturally to certain people. Sarah is a natural sewer.


Next I showed her how to make the ruffled version and she sewed the entire project by herself. I have to tell you though this is a project I wish I had a ruffle foot for. Maybe that is something I should invest in for future projects?

So if you want a beginning sewing project check out Sew Much Ado ruffled burlap table runner. It will give you the confidence you need to progress in your sewing adventures.


No comments: