A Christmas tutu. Flirty and fun.
You will need:
-1/2 a yard of top fabric
-1/2 yard of middle fabric
-1/2 yard of bottom fabric
1. Cut the following strips of the fabric:
-2 strips 3"x44" (top fabric)
-2 strips 4"x44" (top fabric)
-2 strips 5 1/2"x44" (middle fabric)
-2 strips 6 1/2"x44" (bottom fabric)
3. Sew the other 3" strip to the raw edge of the folded strip using 1/4 inch seam. Press flat.
5. Turn under the bottom of each strip 1/4th inch, press, and another 1/4th inch. Sew the hem down.
6. Sew a gathering stitch at the top of each strip and gather the strips to match the elastic casing piece.
7. Pin all the pieces together to the bottom of the elastic casing piece. This is the difficult part making sure that all the pieces are pinned securely in place. (USE A LOT OF PINS).
9. Top stitch along the seam where the elastic casing piece meets the ruffles.
11. With right sides together pin the skirt along the raw edges matching up each ruffle. Sew the skirt together up the side. Flip your skirt right side out and you are FINISHED!
The perfect Christmas tutu for prancing and dancing during the holidays.