Friday, November 16, 2012

A Crafty Lunch-Thanksgiving Banner

Sorry no pinterest finds today :(. I haven't been pinning much lately. Too busy with other things. But I did get together with one of my friends this week for a crafty lunch. We like to do this every week actually. We have a small group of friends that switch off hosting a lunch and we do a craft during that time. As a stay at home mom, sometimes I crave adult interaction and this is a great way to socialize with a creative outlit. The kids play while the moms create. What more can you ask for right?

This week we made Thanksgiving signs. Using a Cricut we cut out the scalloped square, inner squares, and letters from scrapbook paper.
  
Glue them all together. Then using twine and some baby clothes pins (I love these, so cute for hanging up pictures and scrapbook paper) we clipped the letters to the twine.





This is a simple Thanksgiving banner to add some festive appeal to our homes.
 
PS. I distressed the edges of the patterned paper using a rust/brown ink pad. All you have to do is use the ink pad to brush the edges of the paper. Use quick strokes on the edge for a burned look.


1 comment:

Kp said...

did you age (or distress... I don't know what the proper term would be) the edges of the patterned squares on your banner? And if so how? They look a little darker than the rest of the squarein your pictures - I like it!