Friday, August 10, 2012

Fun Find Friday-Pinterest Week 5

FINALLY. I love technology until it fails me. Spending two days without the internet is a nightmare in my house. It really is amazing how 15 years ago the internet was so new and now I can't function a day without it. It is truly the most influential invention of the 20th century.

Anyways, now that I am back here is what I have been doing for the past two days. I finished the second quilt top for the bunk beds. This one is for Elizabeth so I changed the colors a little. I added some plain purple squares and more flowers. Same fabric line Echo as the previous quilt but a few choice colors that I hadn't incorporated. I am really happy with how it turned out.

Now all to do is the boarder, backing, and quilting. I might try to quilt it myself but I haven't decided if I want to take the time or just pay someone do it it and get it done sooner.

The truth is I wasn't totally away from the internet thanks to my smartphone so I spent some of my free time checking out Pinterest on my phone. Here are my favorites from this week:

Mini Screen Printing. Adorable for printing on fabric or adding an embellishment. 
 I love the piping details and the sweet color combination on this corduroy dress. I really need to incorporate more piping in my sewing.
 This summer heat has been too long, probably because I am carrying around an extra 25lbs. I am ready for fall and this post has given me some inspiration for getting back to pre-baby weight.
 Great step-by-step tutorial on the double braided headband. I love this look.
 Cinnamon Roll Cake. This reminds me of my Grandma's breakfast bread recipe that I have tried to make over and over and cannot get right. A very good substitute for special morning breakfasts.
 Neapolitan Rose Cake. I love this cake and color scheme. It would be perfect for a "I love Paris" party theme.


I hope you all watched Project Runway last night. I have been behind because of the Olympics but my DVR is set and ready to watch tonight. HAPPY PINNING.

No comments: