Thursday, May 31, 2012

Guest Posting Jessica from Me Sew Crazy


Today's guest post is from one of my favorite blogs I follow, Jessica from Me Sew Crazy. Jessica has been around the blog block and has been involved in many blogs and crafting competitions including:
American Crafter
Project Run and Play
Kids Clothes Week
just to name a few. 
 
She is a children's clothing genius and I love all her designs. Today she is sharing a special project with us and we are lucky to have her.
 IMG_5164
Hi everyone!  I am Jessica from Me Sew Crazy, and I am honored to be here.  When I was asked to be a part of the glitter Series, I was totally on board. I mean, who doesn't love glitter?! But then I started thinking about it, and the practicality of using it on clothes, and cleaning up little glitter sparkles for the next few months all over my house and kids, and I started to get a little worried. How was I going to pull this off?! I did a little research, and apparently you can apply regular glitter to clothes using a paintbrush, fabric glue, and lots of hairspray afterwards...but that isn't very practical for kids clothing. And I do love to make kids clothes after all. That's when I stumbled across this fabulous little product by June Tailor called Glitter Sheets. They had fabulous reviews, and these iron on sheets looked great! I had to give it a go. (And before you ask, I have no affiliation whatsoever with June Taylor or her product). They worked like a charm! I already knew what graphic design I wanted to make in my head, so with a little fancy pen work we were in business. I simply cut the design out of the glitter sheets and ironed them on my shirt. It was super easy... IMG_5161 Chloe loves it, and I love that I don't have little glitter sparkles everywhere I look. I have already washed it, and it stuck to the shirt strong. So all in all, I say this product is glitteriffic! But hey, this isn't a post about a product review. This is a post for a Glitter Series! That being said, I decided to upload my 'When You Wish Upon a Star' image for everyone to use! Simply click on the image you want, and it will bring you to the PDF...
Untitled-7 Untitled-5
Untitled-6 Untitled-2
Untitled-3 Untitled-8
Thanks so much for having me as part of your Glitter Series!  I had a blast figuring out what to make and learning more about glitter on clothes.  
And to all of you Couple of Craft Addict Readers out there - I hope you will stop by Me Sew Crazy and check it out sometime!
Thanks for having me, and until next time...
Happy Sewing!

No comments: