Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Theme Baby Shower


I love baby showers. There are so many options for themes and games. Pinterest is addictive when it comes to these ideas, haha. I am actually a person that is for a baby shower no matter what number that child is in the new mom's life. Maybe not necessarily for the gifts but to celebrate a new life and give the mom to be a little love to let her know she is beautiful and special. I recently had the privilege of throwing a shower for a new mom in my ward at church. I didn't really know her at the time but she was really quiet and I figured I would ask. This was her first baby and she was SOO GRATEFUL for the gesture. So the planning began. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, since she didn't know the gender of the baby I thought neutral spring theme. Fun. Here is what I came up with:

The Decor:
Petal Lanturns from Martha Stewart

I actually used roll on glue instead of tape and it made the process go a lot faster.

Thrift store vases that I spray painted with Daisy's

A charger and old vase, spray painted and glued together to create a cake stand.

Simple chevron stripes in grey and white throughout the house.

The FOOD:

Vegetable Pizza. This is a family favorite that I make every Christmas for our annual appetizer night.

Crock pot meatballs. Frozen meatballs from Costco thrown into a crock pot. Cover them with a jar of grape jelly and a jar of chili sauce. Cook for at least 2.5 hours. Another family favorite.


Fruit tray with Orange Cream dip Curried Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce

And finish it off with bar cookies, raspberry lemonade, and chocolate covered strawberries.

We all had a great time and it was fun to celebrate someone who truly deserved it.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I'd go to that shower. I've been to a couple really cute showers lately. One was a Texas theme because the mom-2-be didn't want pink and frilly.
Grape jelly and chili sause?
;o)