Thursday, January 26, 2012

Guest Post: Courtney from Between U & Me

Today's Guest Post is Courtney from Between U & Me. Courtney is a mom of two and a home crafter who loves everything from home decor to DIY projects. Her blog has some amazing ideas for simplifying your life and creating a warm home. Just look at some of these great ideas:


 

Go check out her site for some incredible inspiration. (I just spent the last hour browsing through everything on there, hehe)

 TAKE IT AWAY COURTNEY!

Hi everyone!! I'm Courtney and my blog home is over at Between U & Me and I am super beyond excited to be here for the Kids Craft Series! Thank you so much to Heather and Jessica for having me!



I have two little kiddos and we are always whipping out the markers, chalk, paint, glue, and so on for them to make their own little masterpieces. I always think that each creation is as good as any Van Gogh or  Monet (I'm there mom, c'mon) and so when I was asked to do a guest post I knew I was putting my little prodigies to work.



The kids have a blank wall in their bathroom that was yearning for some attention, so we decided to spruce it up with some canvas love.





What you'll need:
Four 8x10 canvas 
Assorted acrylic paints
Paint brushes
Foil adhesive letters






1. Smock-up your kids.




2. Leave out the paint, brushes, and canvas. (They'll know what to do.)









3. Let it dry. (We did 5 because L needed "just one more!!")





4. Apply your foil letters to make cute phrases or maybe just one word for each canvas like we did.




Brush. Wash. Floss. Flush. Yup. That pretty much sums it up in the bathroom. For sure!

So there you have it. One of a kind art made by the kids and it makes L and E both smile when they see it hanging in their bathroom. Super special!

Thanks, again, to Heather and Jessica for letting me share this kid friendly tutorial!

I hope you're having an awesome day!!

No comments: