Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Cookies for Santa" plate

I've always wanted a special plate to leave Santa his milk and cookies.  This year I decided to make my own.
I started with a plain white salad plate and a DecoArt glass paint pen. 

I used Word to find a font I liked for the plate and printed "cookies for Santa."  I cut out the words and used them as guides to write on the plate.

Once I had all the words on the plate I went back with the paint pen to make the lines thicker.
I added some dots around the edge of the plate.
The instructions on the pen say to bake the plate for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
Let your plate cool and you're all done.  Add some milk and cookies to leave out tonight for Santa!
We are sure Santa will be happy when he sees his treats on this cute plate!  Maybe he'll leave some extra presents.

I hope you are having an extra special holiday! 
 

No comments: