Wednesday, November 23, 2011

No Sew Tree Skirt

Yesterday my daughter received a flu shot.  She was not happy about the shot so we let her decorate the play room tree to cheer her up. 
Just as she finished hanging the decorations she told me it looked like something was missing.  She was right; her little tree needed a skirt!
Instead of simply purchasing an overpriced tree skirt for the small tree I decided to make one myself.  I used a hula hoop to cut out the circular base.

A coffee can was the perfect size for the circle in the middle of the skirt.
You could easily sew on some ruffles and embellishments but I chose to use my glue gun to add trim.
I cut a slit from the edge to the center circle to put it around the tree.  Velcro or ribbon could be attached to hold the edges together but I stuck with the "no sew" option and didn't add anything. 

The red and turquoise matched the tree decorations in our Dr. Seuss play room perfectly.
I'm linking this post here.
 

No comments: