Saturday, November 5, 2011

Good Luck Banner

Today my family is having a going away party for my youngest brother.  He is going to the ARMY tomorrow.  We are all so proud of him but I have to admit that I'm feeling a little sad about him leaving.  My daughter absolutely adores him and I haven't told her he won't be home for awhile.  For now all she knows is that we are going to a party for her uncle and she gets to eat cake.

I'm sure the last thing my brother wants at his family party is a bunch of crafty decorations his sister made.  So I restricted myself (really really restricted myself) and only made one thing - a good luck banner.
It was a very quick project using only supplies I already had at home.  I used scraps of burlap to cut triangles.  Then I outlined the letters on the back of steam a seam and ironed them onto scraps from a green shirt.  I cut out the letters and ironed them onto the burlap.  I pinned white ribbon on the top and then quickly used a zig zag stitch to hold it all together.  EASY and hopefully not too "my sister made this" looking! 
I'll probably share some pictures from the party next week.  Good luck to my baby brother!
 

1 comment:

Wendy @ChoosingLoveAZ said...

Your brother is a special young man to serve our country. Thank you.