Monday, November 7, 2011

A Blazer for a Boy

What does every little boy need for fall?

A snazzy blazer

And thanks to Melissa of Melly Sews I had the opportunity to make one when I tested her new blazer pattern. The pattern is fantastic. Fairly easy sewing for such a structured piece. Her pattern pieces are true to size and the instructions are easy to follow. The blazer has options for 1 or 3 buttons and it is fully lined. You can go and check out all the variations and buy the pattern yourself at MellySews.

Jackson picked out all the fabric himself. Brown stretch corduroy and a cotton lining with cars and roads. I just love making clothing for him because he is so grateful when I make him something. And he always tells everyone, "my mom made this for me."




I am thinking of making one for my daughter next.

No comments: