Friday, October 28, 2011

Quilt Block Exchange

We finally had our quilt block exchange this week. Actually it was really nice because I am in AZ for the week (my husband is taking a class for his CFP test coming in Nov) so I was able to attend the exchange. We had a nice lunch, showed everyone the block we made ourselves, and then received our new blocks. I am so impressed with the quilting skills. My block was definitely the easiest and the least traditional...but I still like it. Here is what all the blocks looked like.
 (I am missing my own block, and my mother in laws block because she forgot to make 2).

I especially loved these blocks.
Applique....I just love the detail and the color combination. Gorgeous.  
All the petals are amazing.

The fabric is bright and cheerful so now I have to figure out what I am going to do with it. Should I make a fun quilt for the park, or maybe a guest room blanket (even though we don't have a guest room)? Or maybe I should just save it until I have another baby and use it for either the baby's nursery or Lizzy's room (depending if the baby is a boy or girl....I AM NOT PREGNANT, just thinking about it)?

I'll have to think about it, but in the meantime I can marvel at all of the sister's quilting work.

1 comment:

Tenderfeet Stitches said...

This is really great! Such a nice idea and some really amazing blocks.