Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vintage Hollywood theme party

One of my best friends recently became a consultant for Lia Sophia jewelry.  I jumped at the opportunity to host a jewelry party at my house this weekend.  It was the perfect occasion for a vintage Hollywood themed party!  I had so much fun decorating.  I set up a dessert table and photo area with props.  We even had a red carpet at the entrance to the party! 
I had a lot of fun putting a dessert table together.  The party was after dinner and I wanted everything to fit around a movie theme.  We had brownie bites, butter toffee popcorn, crackers with strawberry cream cheese spread, kit kats, and licorice.
 For drinks, I served a pink lemonade spritzer and wine. 
I made everything for the table myself and loved how it all came together.  The lace image used for the background of the food labels matched the vintage theme perfectly.  I printed black and white photos found online and put them in frames I already had at home.   
The popcorn boxes were purchased from a local party store.  The stripes added to the vintage feel.
I made cupcake toppers using images I found online of Hollywood icons.  They turned out so pretty!   The brownie bites were delicious!  I plan to share the recipe later this week.
I used a plate display stand and a single piece of cork board to make a fun display with old make up ads.  The ads were also found online and printed on my home computer.
I tied a ribbon on a vase and used it for plastic forks.  This looked prettier than simply putting them out on the table.
I purchased Lady In Red wine for each guest to take home as a thank you gift.  I made the thank you tags with the same lace image as the food labels and added a picture of Marilyn Monroe holding a wine glass.  The tags were attached with the same black ribbon used on the vase with the forks.
I made two banners for the party.  They both consisted of images found online and printed from my computer.  The banner for the table had old movie posters, pictures of Hollywood icons, and a great picture I found of the Hollywood sign before the "land" was removed in 1949.
The second banner was used in the kitchen and was made up of vintage magazine covers.  I strung the prints on pearls to go along with the vintage theme.
The Lia Sophia displays were so pretty and had gorgeous jewelry for us to see.
I hung a red velvet drape to serve as a backdrop for funny photos.  Everyone was forced to take a picture with me and silly props before they went home. 
My mom and I
The party was a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to getting my Lia Sophia package later this week!

I'm linking this post here.
 

8 comments:

Nikki Monet said...

I love this! The cupcake toppers and banners are the best :)
http://photographernaturally.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Great job!!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Wow! You went all out. That is such a fun theme.

very merry vintage style said...

Adorable decorations. Thanks for linking this post up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Tanya @ Plum Creek Traditions said...

Love it! I love the old hollywood theme!

Holly Lefevre said...

FUN party! I wish I lived closer...I would have invited myself over. I anything love old Hollywood! Such fun nostalgic touches!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Looks like such a fun party! I like the brownie bites with the toppers! YUM!

Unknown said...

I think I’m going to go with this idea for my dad’s birthday this year. I have already decided a good event space Chicago has and now I have almost a month to prepare for a good birthday party. My dad loves old movies!