Thursday, August 25, 2011

Quilt Block Decision

Well I decided on my quilt block for the quilt exchange. I took your recommendations as well as some from the quilt group and decided to make the ruffled block. I am really bad at quilting. It is the numbers and measurements. I just had the hardest time coming up with the correct 12.5x12.5 block. I guess I bring it on myself because I don't like to use patterns. After fiddling around with the strips and my ideas I decided on this:


It uses 4 jelly roll strips at 2.5x12.5. Then another jelly roll strip cut in half so it is 1.25x12.5. The last piece is a white strip used for the ruffling measuring 4x24. This seemed to work with a little adjustments in the seam measurements. I am happy with the result. I know the ruffle will make it hard to actually quilt on it but I love the dimension it will bring to the quilt. Did I mention that I am making this for my king size bed. I need a new bedspread. Hopefully the other members in the group will approve of the ruffle.

I also added ric rac to my personal blocks just for fun. Thanks for all the advice. I will be sure to show you the quilt top when I receive the other blocks.

I'm linking up here

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I think it looks great. I love the ruffles and the color combination.

Ruth