Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quick Super Hero Party Pack with Birthday Shirt

My youngest nephew is turning three soon and his mom wanted to celebrate with a super hero themed party because he loves Spiderman.  I offered to make the invitations and help with some of the party supplies. 

I found an image of super heroes online and used it to create an invitation at scrapblog. My nephew's mom didn't have the party details finalized when I made the invitations so I left all the details blank for her to fill in later.  I printed the 4" x 6" invitations at Wal-Mart's one hour photo studio.   The invitations were printed on regular photo paper so I trimmed the edges and glued them to yellow card stock to make them sturdier.   
I used the same super hero image to make a party banner.  I used my Cricut to cut the colored squares and white letters.  I punched a hole in the corners of each square and strung them together with brads. 

I used my Cricut to cut out everything for tags to attach to party bags for the guests to take home.   
My Cricut also came in handy when I made the cupcake toppers.  Instead of punching out the tiny middles for the Ps and Os in POW and trying to glue them onto the toppers, I used yellow paint to fill in the centers.  Worked perfectly! 
 
I've seen hanging tissue paper balls everywhere lately.  I wanted to try to make the hanging decorative balls using Spiderman napkins to match the party theme.
I folded six napkins like an accordion.  I pinched the middle together and knotted a long piece of ribbon to hold the center tightly.
Then I separated all the pieces of the napkin to make a big ball.
The last thing I made was my nephew's party shirt.  I cut a big three out of grey fabric and used steam a seam to attach it to the shirt.  The Spiderman came from a piece of Spiderman fabric.  I used steam a seam to attach him to the shirt also.  Then I sewed around the edges of the three and the Spiderman.  Super easy and cute birthday party shirt!
I shipped the box to my nephew's mom and was happy to hear she loved everything.  Unfortunately they live a few hours from us and we weren't able to make it to the party last weekend.  But I heard the cute little birthday boy had a blast!
 

No comments: