I made a few more changes with the same orange color. I had a tall wood vase that looks so much prettier painted orange. It didn't move from its original location above the cabinets. I used orange Martha Stewart glitter to add our initial to a tray that I mod podged with newspaper. I set it above the cabinets next to an old bottle holding a fake flower. Pretty!
The dining area looks much better now too! The play kitchen and cardboard refrigerator were definitely cluttering up the space. Positioning the table differently made the room look so much bigger. I moved the Venice picture into our living room and traded it for a fun print I found at IKEA (scroll down for a close up). I made a window valance with just enough orange to pull it all together.
The curtains were a quick project made with fabric I found at Wal-mart! I looked a few different places for something grey but couldn't find any reasonably priced fabric. Surprisingly I found the perfect fabric at Wal-mart for only $1.50/yard. Great bargain! I really like how the ruffle turned out too!
The last little project for the kitchen was transforming my canisters from black into something bright. I used the same fabric on the curtains so it all matches.
I have a few tutorials to go along with this post but you won't see them for a little while. We have a fun and busy couple of weeks coming up!
I'm linking this post here.