I bought some Seersucker fabric at Joann's on sale, I only needed about 1/2 a yard. I originally cut some camo material for these shorts but once I completed the main portion I realized they were way too skinny and long. So I made a few adjustments to make them more shorts and less pants. First I left off the last section of the pattern to make them shorter. Then I added about 1 inch to the top and 1 inch to each side. I wish that I had lengthened the top even more because I could only get 1/4 inch elastic in for the waistband and I like a thicker waistband for shorts.
I also added a pocket on the side because every little boy needs a pocket...you know for rocks, cars, and dinosaurs. The whole project took me about an hour to finish.
This morning I told Jackson that I made him something and I showed him the shorts. HE LOVED THEM. He wanted to wear them right away even though it is only about 65 degrees here. Just the smile on his face makes me want to make him more things to wear.
Of course when I don't want him in the picture he is all smiles but when I want to take a picture of him he gives the frowning face. What a pill!