Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cleaning out the closet...Toddler Dress Refashion

Early last week I cleaned out my daughter's closet. We had a lot of really cute tops that were just a few inches too short. I also found quite a few dresses that could still be worn with a couple of inches added to the length. I cut and altered all of the salvageable items and turned them into dresses for my daughter.

This dress was about six inches shorter than I preferred. Remember that my daughter is finishing up with potty training and does really well wearing dresses. I am weird about her wearing dresses that show her bottom so I always have her in longer styles. She is tall and skinny so most things in her size need to be altered. This dress would probably still be okay with leggings but I decided to turn it into a different dress.

I used a bright pink tank that was also too short for the top of the new dress.
I thought it looked mismatched so I added a rosette from the leftover dress fabric. Perfect....

...except that it was still a few inches shorter than I preferred. I added a ruffle to the bottom using leftover fabric from the tank.

My daughter loved it but it took a lot to get any pictures of her wearing it. She was too busy stringing herself a beaded necklace.



 

3 comments:

Jessica Stoker said...

so cute and comfy, perfect for summer in AZ

Unknown said...

wow! I would leave the door open all the time that is amazing! Beautiful dress by the way.

Mica
Best Reviews for Seattle SEO experts

Marlene Detierro said...

This is a great post! I need to clean my closet now ;). This just gave me inspiration.

Marlene
Informative URL for Maid Services Austin Company