Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun Find Friday-Zipper Flowers

I know, another flower tutorial. What can I say, I am a girly girl and I LOVE flowers and ruffles. These flowers are a little more edgy which I really like. And I love the contrast of the fabric and the metal. It is a really creative way to use some old zippers as accessories. I like to collect zippers (among other craft items, don't get me started on my button obsession) when I go to craft fairs or the flea market.

material girls
snips and spice
craftaholics anonymous


Here is my take on the idea.



I would like to offer a few words of advise.
1. It is not as easy as it looks. Take your time and practice.
2. Use upholstery zippers. I tried using a coverall zipper and it was not thick enough. I had nothing to grab onto for the gluing. Which brings me to my next point.
3. BE CAREFUL. I know all of us have hot glue wounds but this was an excessive hot glue burn project. I swear between cooking and crafting I have burned myself so many times I think my nerves have lost feeling in my finger tips.

I am not totally happy with the way my flower turned out but I think with more practice and the right size zipper I could really make some beautiful zipper roses.

No comments: