Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vintage Flowers

Fabric flowers are so popular right now. Flower hair accessories, flower necklaces, flowers pins, flower embellishments on tshirts or sweaters. If it has flowers it is on trend. I am very inexperienced at flowers. Mainly I just make it up as I go and try to make them look cute. Most of the time unsuccessfully might I add. However these simple vintage flowers are so easy to make you can't mess it up.

Simply cute out the flower shape you want out of some kind of satin, silk, or muslin type fabric. I cut circles making each one a little smaller than the previous one. Then take each circle and burn the edges with a candle or lighter until the circle curls to the size you want. Finally layer them on top of each other and sew together either using a button or just plain thread. (If you choose not to use a button I would advise that you cover up your thread with a gem or something). Last attach it to whatever you want and enjoy. You can also add netting, or any other embellishments to make it your own.

No comments: