Sunday, May 27, 2012

Guest Post Jill from Being Spiffy

Now announcing GLITTER WEEK. I know all of you have been waiting and anticipating this week to see what great ideas we might share. Someone once said, "glitter is the herpes of craft supplies." and let's face it once you get the glitter out it tends to get everywhere and you can never get rid of all of it. But I have to tell you there are many great and innovative new uses for glitter. We are so excited to share these ideas with you and inspire you to break out the glitter again (especially if you have been avoiding it at all costs.)

To kick off our GLITTER WEEK we are proud to welcome Jill from Being Spiffy. Jill specializes in makeup and glitter is definitely on her list. Take it away Jill:

Hey, I'm Jill from BeingSpiffy and I'm super excited to be with A Couple of Craft Addicts today to share my glitterlicious makeup!

A lot of people think that wearing glittery makeup will turn them into an '80s disco diva but without the snazzy dance moves.

And below is how you actually look in gorgeous glitter

Glitter is completely wearable for women of almost any age. The trick is using it in moderation.I used three "sizes" of glitter for this look. Large on my eyes, medium on my lips, and fine on my cheeks.

I lined my upper eyelid with Urban Decay heavy metal eye liner HeavyMetal Glitter Eyeliner in Distortion.
 
It's an iridescent glitter in a clear base that can be layered over any color of eyeshadow or eyeliner. What I love about this liner is once it's dry, the glitter stays put. It won't slide into your eyes which can be painful and dangerous.


My lip gloss is Dazzleglass in Money, Honey by MAC.
  
No one wants to use a chunky glitter on their lips, it's too uncomfortable! Make sure the shimmer isn't coming from thick flakes, but micro glitter or particle pearls.
The slight shimmer on my cheekbones is a sparkle powder. Sparklicity in Pure Nude is a versatile powder that can be worn on the eyes, cheeks, or lips. It creates a micro-sparkle effect that reflects light like nothing else. A little goes a long way, so use a glitter like this to highlight your brow bones, cheekbones, or the center of your lower lip to create a pout.



 So there you have it! Leave the heavy-duty glitter for craft projects and pick up some refined shine for your face just in time for summer.

No comments: