Monday, August 20, 2012

Fall Yarn Wreath

I am so ready for fall. Partly because it is my favorite time of the year and partly because it is still so hot here making me even more uncomfortable! I LOVE fall. Here are a few of my favorite aspects of fall:

-the colors. Golds, reds, orange, brown. Warm colors that look good in any home.
-the leaves. There is nothing better than the streets lined with orange and red fall leaves. Raking the leaves into piles and jumping in the pile is one of the best fall activities.
-PUMPKIN. I love pumpkin. I love the color, I love the shape, I love the smell, and I especially love the flavor. I have recently seen a few pumpkin recipes here and there on pinterest and it makes me want to bust out my canned pumpkin and make something yummy to eat and fill my house with amazing pumpkin smells.
-Halloween. A day when every person can go back to childhood and dress up in whatever they like.
-the smell and feel of a crisp day. When you need a jacket but can still take a stroll without freezing.
-Jackets. I love light jackets. There are so many cute styles and colors that can complete an outfit.


It is not quite fall yet but I am getting a head start by making a new wreath for my front door. I choose some of my favorite fall colors: wine red, plum, sage green, gold, grey, and beige. I made a variety of felt flowers some of the tutorials can be found here. It is a simple yarn wreath but a great transitional piece that will get me through the late summer into early fall.



I did add a few embellishments like buttons and decorative brads to give it a personal touch.

Do you have any great fall crafts you are currently working on?


1 comment:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

So pretty!! Love the different flowers and great color choices! It is perfect for fall!
Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I'll be featuring this tomorrow. :)