Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quick Headband Ideas

Now that my daughter's hair is finally getting longer it is time to upgrade her hair accessories. She really likes headbands (she calls them crowns, what a princess), but is really lacking in the headband area. So I decided to remedy that issue by making a few quick headbands for her. I bought a pack on simple headbands at Target and went to my accessories drawer in my craft room. This drawer includes scrapbooking items, fabric flowers, paper flowers, zippers, and other little notions that I have collected over the years. I picked out a few of my favorites, busted out my glue gun, and got to work.

Here is what I came up with:

This one is a combination of scrap book flowers and this great sparkle flower (cream one) that I bought from Hobby Lobby. You can also buy them at fabric.com.
The next one is actually a fabric flower that I cut off an old shirt. It was just a little embellishment on a t-shirt that is now too small. I added a purple paper flower to the fabric one just to give it some more interest.
Finally I used this beautiful paper and feather flower that I got from a specialty scrap book store. It is a layered paper flower with a pearl center and feather embellishments. It actually came in a pack of two so I have another one in rose that I need to find a home for.
She loved them all and I feel much better sending her out into the world, crazy hair and all, with something pretty on her head.

I know this was a lot of pictures but I was practicing some new editing techniques. I was going for a peaches and cream look.

15 comments:

Tina said...

Jessica, the flower headbands are beautiful! I never thought about using paper scrapbooking flowers! I have tons of those and two grandaughters. (wheels turning in my head)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

These are just too cute and so is that little model! :)
Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I will be featuring this tomorrow!

Sew It Sherry said...

I love these fantastic headbands. I might just have to investigate the scrapbook section to find some beautiful things so I can make some headbands like you have created here.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

I can't even tell that it is paper! So glad that you linked this to Things I've Done Thursday~

www.bearrabbitbear.com

Justine said...

Stopping by from the Friday Favorites Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

Unknown said...

So pretty, and I just love LOVE that top one. winks, jen

Unknown said...

So cute! Love them!

Pamkez said...

what a great idea i found your blog via the pink hippo party #68

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Love them all:)

Artsy VaVa said...

Your headbands are beautiful!

DesignDazzle.blogspot.com said...

How adorable are these? Thank you for linking up!

Lolly Jane said...

Darling darling! :) Thanks for sharing!

PS: We'll be featuring you tomorrow! Yay!
xo

Maria said...

These are so beautiful! I love the yellow one with the pearl in the middle, so lovely!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous and would make any girl smile.. big or little! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

Your Activity Ninja said...

This article is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic. Thanks https://youractivityninja.com/online-dance-classes-for-kids