Thursday, October 27, 2011

A poem for the stomach bug

I wish I had fun pictures to share from our Halloween party. Unfortunately we had to move the party from our house to a local park because my daughter woke up with a nasty stomach bug. We didn't want to make all of our friends sick so we didn't host the party or attend.

I was very busy cuddling with my daughter all day so I didn't spend time in my craft room. I wrote a silly poem instead.

Stomach bug, stomach bug, please go away.
You made us miss our party and we couldn't play.
Stomach bug, stomach bug, please go away.
We had so much planned and you've ruined our day.

Stomach bug, stomach bug, we don't like you.
We really wanted to dress up and eat candy too.
Stomach bug, stomach bug we don't like you.
If you're still here this weekend we don't know what we'll do. 

Stomach bug, stomach bug, please just be nice.
We are tired of eating only crackers and ice.
Stomach bug, stomach bug, please just be nice.
Once you're gone, don't come back twice!

I'm hoping our house will be feeling better by the weekend.  My daughter is so excited to dress up like Cinderella and trick or treat!
 

No comments: