Friday, October 7, 2011

Easy Lace Addition to a Boring Shirt

I was excited to have a reason for a shirt makeover today because lately I've been bored with the clothes in my closet.   I had a very long list of ideas when I pulled out a plain purple tee.  The shirt fit but I thought it was a little too plain and I didn't like the low neckline. 
I was looking for a quick and easy upgrade.  It didn't take long for me to decide to add a lace panel to the neckline.  I cut some lace and pinned it to the shirt.  I'm surprised I didn't injure myself while doing this!  I don't have a dress form and didn't want to deal with using a seam ripper later.  Probably not the best idea but it worked for me.

Next I carefully stitched the lace to the edge of the shirt with my sewing machine.
A few minutes later I was wearing my new shirt.
Incredibly easy!

I'm linking this post here.
 

No comments: