Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Heather's WIWW - vacation style

Last week I was posting literally minutes before running out the door to start a family vacation.  I might not have been in Hawaii like Jessica this week, but my daughter, husband, and I spent some time together road tripping to California.  We had so much fun!  I figured this would be a great excuse to show you everything I wore while we were away.  Keep in mind that our activities included strawberry picking, Sea World, and Disneyland.  It was really hot and I ditched all the cute accessories I packed seeking comfort instead. 

One of my favorite parts of our trip was getting to spend time with Bev from Flamingo Toes!  While at Creative Estates, we learned we both share a love for a restaurant in her town.  Obviously I don't get there too often but when I do, I will surely be calling Bev to meet me for dinner!  We only took one picture together and unfortunately my daughter was grumpy and needed to get some sleep! 

Now I'll show you what I wore this week.
Bev, myself, and my daughter after dinner Saturday evening
I'm disappointed I didn't get a full length picture of this outfit because I thought it was really cute!

Top - Macy's (it's actually a juniors dress but it was way too short for me to wear as a dress so I paired it with jeans)
Necklace - Reversible Ruffle Necklace made by me (see tutorial here)
This outfit was worn to Sea World and then strawberry picking.
Top - Ross (purchased a long time ago!)
Shorts - Calvin Klein (purchased from Costco a couple of summers ago)
Shoes - Target (seen in my previous WIWW post - still in need of a makeover!)
Necklace - The Vintage Pearl (received in welcome box at Creative Estates) 
I changed and put my hair up for dinner on the pier.
Top - Gap
Vest - Kohl's
Jeans - Kohl's
Shoes - Target (same worn in previous picture)
Necklace - Old Navy
Terrible lighting!  Picture taken in our room at the Disneyland hotel just before we left for some Disney fun.

Top - turquoise Abercrombie tank under black Ann Taylor Loft tank
Shorts - Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes - Target (same worn in previous picture)
Necklace - The Vintage Pearl (same worn in previous picture)


Picture taken in California Adventure.
Top - black racer back tank gifted from my mom to wear to the gym (have you heard me talk about the gym?  Nope.  This top has to be over five years old!) layered under pink Abercrombie tank
Shorts - Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes - Target (same worn in previous picture)
Necklace - The Vintage Pearl (same worn in previous picture)
Nice view of the Disneyland castle!
Top - racer back tank (same worn in previous picture) layered under Target swim cover up (I ran out of clothes because I didn't realize it would be so warm!)
Jeans - local boutique
Shoes - Target (same worn in previous picture)
Necklace - The Vintage Pearl (same worn in previous picture)

Don't mind the bad manicure in desperate need of a touch up!
I certainly don't mind loud nails but having the same print on my top and nails felt a little too matchy matchy and weird.
Another clothes change and different hair for more Disneyland!
Top - Kohl's
Shorts - Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes - Pumas purchased while traveling in Canada several years ago
Necklace - The Vintage Pearl (same worn in previous picture)
Headband - something I had on hand waiting to be embellished (plain added a nice splash of white on my dark hair)
I needed to show you my hair because I thought it was super cute and EASY to do!
Just before changing and going back to Disneyland I was looking at my Google Reader while my daughter and husband took a quick nap.  I read Cheri's post about hair ideas at her great blog, I Am Momma Hear Me Roar.  It inspired me to pull my hair up into three little buns and I was very happy with the outcome!  I didn't have the Spin Pins mentioned in the post so I used a lot of bobby pins (about 15) instead.
Visiting Minnie's house on our last day in Disneyland.
Dress - local boutique
Vest - Express
Shoes - Target (same worn in previous picture)
Necklace - The Vintage Pearl (same worn in previous picture)
Headband - Vintage Rose Wraps

Just an FYI, I actually purchased a few new pairs of summer sandals specifically to wear on this trip.  Turns out those old Target sandals are more comfortable than everything I had with me in my suitcase!  And I have to tell you again that I love my Vintage Pearl necklace worn almost everyday this week.  I packed a lot of chunky necklaces but with the heat, I just opted for something simple and pretty.

I'm linking up here
the pleated poppy blog
 

2 comments:

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...

Your outfits are soooo cute! It was so fun getting to have dinner with you and your family - they are so sweet!

Mia said...

Super cute!! Love that necklace!! Wish I would have had the chance to connect with you at Creative Estates!! Weren't those SWAG BAGS TDF!!?